Scrabble & Words with friends points
- generic is a valid Scrabble US word with a point value of 10
- generic is a valid Scrabble UK word with a point value of 10
- generic is a valid Words with friends word with a point value of 13
Definition of generic
- wine that does not meet the minimum qualifications and standards for use of a designation by appellation of origin (where the grapes are grown) or by varietal content; may only be labeled by proprietary (made-up) name, by general color (such as `vin rouge', `vino rosso', `rotwein', `red wine', etc.), or by general class (as `vin ordinaire', `vin de table', `vino da tavola', `tafelwein', `table wine', etc.) (noun)
- generic wine
- any product that can be sold without a brand name (noun)
- applicable to an entire class or group (adjective)
- is there a generic Asian mind?
- (of drugs) not protected by trademark (adjective)
- `Acetaminophen' is the generic form of the proprietary drug `Tylenol'
- relating to or common to or descriptive of all members of a genus (adjective)
- the generic name
See definition of generic in Merriam Webster