Scrabble & Words with friends points
- read is a valid Scrabble US word with a point value of 5
- read is a valid Scrabble UK word with a point value of 5
- read is a valid Words with friends word with a point value of 5
Definition of read
- have or contain a certain wording or form (verb)
- The passage reads as follows
- make sense of a language (verb)
- Can you read Greek?
- obtain data from magnetic tapes or other digital sources (verb)
- This dictionary can be read by the computer
- indicate a certain reading; of gauges and instruments (verb)
- The gauge read `empty'
- interpret something in a certain way; convey a particular meaning or impression (verb)
- I read this address as a satire
- be a student of a certain subject (verb)
- She is reading for the bar exam
- audition for a stage role by reading parts of a role (verb)
- interpret something that is written or printed (verb)
- read the advertisement
- Have you read Salman Rushdie?
- interpret the significance of, as of palms, tea leaves, intestines, the sky; also of human behavior (verb)
- She read the sky and predicted rain
- I can't read his strange behavior
- The fortune teller read his fate in the crystal ball
- look at, interpret, and say out loud something that is written or printed (verb)
- The King will read the proclamation at noon
- something that is read (noun)
- the article was a very good read
- to hear and understand (verb)
- I read you loud and clear!
See definition of read in Merriam Webster